After witnessing the many (many) slogan and statement pieces on the Fashion Week runways, it was pretty clear that fashion was going to be more opinionated than ever this year. And since communicating via fashion is something that's right up my alley (it's basically what my new book Mood of the Day is all about!) I'm stocking up on the cutest pieces-with-a-message out there. If you're with me, here are the 8 most opinionated fashion pieces to shop right now - for outspoken girls only!
- LOVE BAG - LES PETITS JOUEURS: I never pass up on getting my hands on a playful bag, and this one has that perfect combo of a sleek & structured cut, plus the sweetest message of all time. Love!
- KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN SUNHAT - MUVEIL: I like a sunhat with a message (remember this one?), especially if it's as wearable and timeless as this one - perfect to pair with any kaftan-&-slippers look you're planning to wear this Summer.
- NAP QUEEN T-SHIRT - TOPSHOP: This is what I call a third trimester-appropriate shirt, and that's that. :)
- PATCHED UP SNEAKERS - KENZO: You guys know I'm a big fan of the ongoing patches trend and I really like these customisable slip-ons, that you can pimp with whatever message you like (because sometimes a patch says more than words).
- DANGER ONE-PIECE - ADRIANA DEGREAS: Vibrant monochromes are one of this season's biggest trends, so it's no wonder this is one of the main swimwear styles to adopt right now! Bonus points if they have a witty message on top, of course...
- YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER JEANS - ZARA: Remember how denim had to take it up a notch to compete with leggings this year? A super easy way to do that is by going with a literal outspoken piece that says it as it is, making it stand apart from the gazillion plain versions in your closet.
- BISOUS CUFF - & OTHER STORIES: Layering my bracelets is one of my favourite timeless styling tricks to spice up a plain Summer outfit, and this dainty one is just perfect for that!
- BLIND FOR LOVE PHONE CASE - GUCCI: Gucci's on point message pieces have been a big hit this year, and I'm predicting that's not going to change any time soon. And since phone cases are basically the new bags, this one's definitely worth the splurge!
What are your favourite opinionated pieces of the season? I can't wait to adopt an outspoken monochrome one-piece! :)